Title : Why Low-Energy-Electron Irradiation might be a potential game changer for vaccine development, manufacturing, and pandemics prevention
In the ongoing global Covid-19 aftermath, epidemics and pandemics triggered by microbial and viral pathogens remain a significant challenge for global vaccine production and worldwide supply.
The Irradiation of target pathogens with low-energy electrons (LEEI) can reliably and reproducibly inactivate many microbial and viral organisms, regardless of whether these pathogens are related to veterinary or human diseases. KyooBe Tech and their partners present several case studies (Zika virus, Tick-borne encephalitis virus) that show the immunological relevance of ebeam-treated viral vaccines.
Optimized for pharmaceutical process campaigns, KyooBe Tech’s upcoming commercial LEEI platform, including either a microfluidic chip module, a stainless steel roller module, or a bag module, can be used as an orthogonal tool for germ reduction (viral clearance) of raw materials (such as sera), treatment of infectious liquid waste, and in vaccine manufacturing. Dead vaccines and live-attenuated vaccines can be addressed with this new technology.
Besides vaccine manufacturing, several irradiation approaches in cell therapy are novel and emerging application fields.
The upcoming LEEI platform can be flexibly integrated within a given process infrastructure and enables batch or continuous process management for users worldwide.
The design of KyooBe Tech’s LEEI platform is of additional importance in operation with pathogens of biosafety levels 2-3. The system maps the necessary biocontainment, radiation protection, and a GMP-compliant production environment inside.
The most critical process parameters can be monitored inline and continuously using appropriate state-of-the-art sensors. Overall, LEEI provides a game-changing and promising alternative to standard inactivation processes using chemicals or UV-C or gamma irradiation processes.
in sum, this technology offers promising characteristics for future vaccine applications and pandemic prevention measurements.
- This work especially addresses product owners in vaccine R&D and will open new corridors for pathogen inactivation and live attenuation.
- KyooBe Tech’s approach is relevant for certain fields like raw material and waste treatment, sample treatment and vaccine R&D, and CGT.
- KyooBe Tech is open to new discussions and collaboration. We are not limited to vaccine R&D.
- KyooBe Tech provides an outlook on its first product and the upcoming market launch.
- KyooBe Tech’s solutions open new strategies for biocontainment and highly regulated laboratories (such as BSL3). Besides that, we offer vaccine manufacturing in a continuous manner and highly monitored manner.